Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's the little things that matter.


A friend of mine posted this picture to Facebook today (thanks, Sonja!) and it got me thinking about the how much the little things that matter.  Who doesn't feel amazing when they are wearing their "good" undies?  Come one, admit it.  We all have them, that pair of underwear which make you feel sexy, stylish or just a little less frumpy.  Personally, I adore Hanky Panky underwear to feel good underneath it all.  It is like a secret that no one else knows about (except my kids, who most likely had a fight over who got to pick out what color or print my undies were that day). 

But it is more than just great undies.  It can be a great pair of jeans, a favorite mascara, quick brow wax, or even the simple act of tossing on a pair of earrings before you leave the house.  I find myself pondering, does it really take that much more time to slap on some lip gloss, a pair of well fitting jeans and cute cardigan before I leave the house than it does to slap on my husband's oversize T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants?  Nope.  Can I still be a comfortable mom-on-the-go in those clothes?  Yup.  Will I feel better about myself in those clothes?  Yup.  

I guess those little things really DO matter.  You just have to let them.


No comments:

Post a Comment