Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dressed by a Five Year Old: Every Outfit Needs some Sparkle!

So today, I was feeling very saucy when I got dressed (yup, I said saucy).  But at the same time, it was cool outside.  What to wear, what to wear?  Decisions, decisions.  In the end, I let Biggest help me get dressed, because she is saucy too.

She never lets me down, my little five year old fashionista.  It is no secret, I love sparkle. Lots and lots of sparkle. So the fact that sparkle has made its way into the current fashion trends, I am ecstatic. Bah. Who am I kidding? I would be rocking the sparkle whether it was on trend or not.  Thankfully, Biggest understands and supports her mom’s love of sparkle.  With her help, this morning I decided to layer  for warmth AND rock some sparkle.  I threw a plaid Joe’s Jeans shirt under a sequined  RD Style sweater and added a pair of snuggly Paige boyfriend jeans. 

sparkle2

And then I let Biggest pick out my shoes….

sparkle1

And add a straw bracelet to my arm candy….

sparkle3

In Biggest’s eyes, every outfit needs some sparkle.  She was very adamant about matching the shoes to the sweater to the earrings, etc.  I like to think she felt it would add light to an already grey day.  Plus it looked pretty sweet.

Of course, I left the house without a coat and let my husband send the kids to school in sweatshirts.  And then it snowed.   Maybe I should pay more attention to our outerwear tomorrow…

Jeans:  Paige Jimmy Jimmy Boyfriend via Hot Mama

Shirt:  Joe’s Jeans The Shirt vintage Hot Mama (similar here by Levi’s)

Sweater:  RD Style Sequin Crew by Hot Mama

Tank:  Nikibiki via Hot Mama

Slippers:  BC Shoes via Hot Mama

Bracelets:  assorted bangles vintage Hot Mama, straw bracelet via Biggest, Mia Berkley Pearl and Sparkle Bead Leather Bracelet via Hot Mama

Necklace: ZAD Beaded Fringe Necklace via Hot Mama

Earrings:  Stella & Dot Glint Flower CZ Earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment