Saturday, November 17, 2012

Widowed Since 2004

It is that time of year again.  My husband gets all hot and bothered.  He starts being really nice to me, letting me shop, letting me sleep in, encouraging me to get out with friends.  I know what is coming.  I am not stupid.  It is hunting season.  

widow1

Now when I married my husband I knew what I was getting myself into.  I always said I needed to marry a man who lets me talk.  He needed to marry a woman who lets him hunt and fish.  In my opinion, it is a fair trade.  He gets what he wants, I get what I want.  All the women who love Strokin’ Jokers (yup, that is the name of their hunting group), are taught early on what to expect.  Don’t try to change them, just learn to accept it.  We even had T-shirts made!

widow2

So for the next few days (and many of the past few weekends and weeknights), I am a single parent while my husband climbs a tree in the woods with a firearm, most likely with a hangover.  Sounds super fun.  And safe.  Again, not being stupid, I know his hunting season is not just about the thrill of “feeding his family for the winter” (because at this rate we will starve.  Just sayin’).  It is about the bonding experience he has with his friends.  And beer.  Lots of beer. 

 

 

So have fun, Hubby! 

I am going shopping.

And this is what I will buy….

freepeople Free People – Silver Reed Pullover Sweater

Yay for me!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment