Monday, March 18, 2013

I Don’t Want to Go to School Today.

At some point in time, every mom hears the phrase, “I don’t want to go to school today.”  Surprisingly, I almost never hear it from Biggest but I hear it constantly from Littlest.  It is mostly screamed at me on Monday mornings, especially after a weekend where we have had a lot of fun or craziness.  I love that she wants to keep spending time with her family and friends.  I really do.  However, we can’t do it every day.  She has school, Biggest has school, Mom and Dad have work.

This morning was no different.  Having spent the past three days out of town visiting friends, both kidlets were completely unconscious when I went into their room this morning.  Littlest gave me a sweet little hug and then started to cry.  I knew where this was going.  Our 30 minute tantrum of not wanting to go to school had begun.  It was super fun.  In order to give Hubby a break, since he was driving her to school (aka daycare), I got her dressed and fed.  The whole time I tried to convince her that school is fun.  school

SJ&YP:  Why don’t you want to go to school?

Littlest:  Because it is boring.

SJ&YP:  What do you want to do instead?  Mom and Dad have to go to work today. 

Littlest:  I want to stay in my bed all day.

SJ&YP:  Wouldn’t that be boring?  What if you got hungry?

Littlest:  I don’t care.

*sigh*  There is no rationalizing with a four year old.  I should know better. 

Biggest even tried to help out.  She approached it by trying to bond with Littlest.  Biggest explained how she doesn’t like everything at school.  Apparently, she finds getting dressed for recess and math boring but she still deigns to go every day.  Gee, thanks.  I appreciate your dedication, Biggest. 

Honestly, I don’t know why she wouldn’t want to go.  I would go to school!  She gets to color, do art projects, play outside, sing songs, have snack, take a nap, etc.  Seriously, what is not to like?  I know a million moms who would love to make that their day.  I do believe whoever said youth is wasted on the young was right on. 

Looks like Hubby and I have some good times ahead of us for the next 14 years.  Yay.

 

 

topmommyblogs

No comments:

Post a Comment